MMA or Mixed Martial Arts is one of the most traditional forms of practices in the ancient era. Although, MMA is one of the most aggressive forms of sports in the world, nevertheless, today, it is a global event and has an extensive fan base from around the world. Fighters gather from all around the world to learn, fight in order to defeat the opponent. This growing popularity of the sport has no doubt attracted the top betting authorities and so, MMA has today become a popular and best-enjoyed betting sport.
Did you know?
The origin of MMA dates back to the ancient Olympic Games in Greece. The game was then known by the name ‘Pankration’ meaning ‘all powers’ in Greek. This form of art was earlier all about fighting between two individuals who were not allowed to bite or eye-gauge each other. The aggressiveness of this game was so much that the fighters from all over the world began fantasising about it.
Well, we, at Britain Bet, provide you with an all-inclusive list of all the online sports betting sites that offer the ultimate MMA betting platform featuring exciting leagues, and tournaments on a regular basis. Apart from this, we also offer fruitful guidelines, recommendations in choosing the right betting platform to explore the thrill and excitement of MMA betting from the comforts of your home.
If you are someone who takes delight in discovering a wide variety of online betting games, then, we have got it all covered. You can also try your hands on cricket betting, tennis betting, badminton betting, football betting, american-football betting and many more, anywhere, anytime.
How is MMA played?
Typically, MMA is nothing but a combination of all the different martial art forms including Judo, Karate, Kung-fu and Jiu-Jitsu to mention a few. The winner of the MMA is decided in two ways, i.e., Knockout and Submission.
A knockout is when one player hits the other player so hard that the other player is unable to continue fighting. Take, for instance, if a fighter happens to hit his opponent on his head and if he becomes unconscious, it is called a knockout.
The other alternate way of winning is by compelling the rival to concede. This can be done by choking or creating a situation for the rival such that he is left with no other option but to accept defeat in order to survive.
Types of bets you can place in MMA
The most well-known form of betting in MMA is UFC betting. UFC is the most famous league of MMA sport and is played in five rounds. The fighter that wins more rounds than his opponent, wins the match. Each of the rounds can be won by any winning technique, knockout or submission. If there is no winner within the five minutes of the round, the round is declared to be a draw.
It is important to note that there are several factors and events that play a very significant role in the completion of one MMA match. The other types of betting include the following:
- Match betting: In this type of bet, you can bet on the player you think will win at the end of the match. This bet is popular among people who love to sit back and watch.
- Over/under betting: Over/under betting applies to cricket betting as well where you make a guess if the final score of one team will be under or over the score predicted by the sportsbook. This bet is easy to understand and therefore, is a good option for beginners.
- Round and method betting: If you are looking for more excitement in MMA betting then, round and method betting is the right one for you. You can place your bet on two factors at once. In this type of bet, you are asked to predict the number of rounds the winner of the match will take and the method he will use to defeat the opposition. However, this type of betting is good for people who follow the game closely.
- Future betting: With respect to future betting, you can place your bet on various factors of the entire tournament held. You can place your bets on the ultimate winner of the tournament or the player with the most number of knockouts.
Few tips to help you get started
Below are some of the important tips that can help you get started with MMA betting right away. Take a look!
- Follow the game closely and in-depth in order to understand the technique used by various fighters
- Don’t forget to understand the betting odds before placing the bet. Betting odds help you understand the chance of a player to win the game and your payout ratio as well.
- Monitor and manage your bankroll efficiently, This will, in turn, help you in minimising your losses and keeping a track of your winnings.